February 2011



Never ignore your poetry blog .
It knows where you sleep.


Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just One Night

Tonight was just one of those nights,
when I couldn’t tap into my self
the way I usually can.
My confidence lingered in the doorway for hours,
and I couldn’t remember how to smile on the outside.

I was waved at and could only blink back.
But I promise nothing was wrong.

It was just one of those nights.
When I was back:
looking though the world in front of me,
like a snow globe, on the outside.
and I just couldn’t find the energy to even shake it.

I sipped the liquid in front of me,
begging it to give me its usual courage.
But it just waded, staring back up at me.
My mind moving faster than the music beat,
while my body sat – motionless–
heavy against the chair.

And my worse fear has returned:

– this one night will become two.

2 comments:

trudatman said...

I'm glad you have been posting here, as I quite enjoy the LaBrecquery.

Jeisikah said...

di and all other readers:

wanna know how psycho (we) (life) is
'express' is over 2 years old!