February 2011



Never ignore your poetry blog .
It knows where you sleep.


Sunday, December 26, 2004

broken record 1st draft

by your side
ive lost
4 quarts of blood
60 gallons of sweat
and the type of tears you
could only see.

i had a dream where
i built the perfect friend
and when it came true
in life like always
i wasn't very good at it
(nothing to do with you)

dreams work only
in drugs and poetry
and this life is too vivid and im
too vague to set it right
thanks for the truth

coming from you
it's like an anchor.
no matter how bad
its lonely on this side of the dream
to think no one pays attention to you
and when they do it's like
my time to run away

thanks for the truth, man,
its an anchor for me
holding me up through my
weak waves of vague

thanks for paying attention

to what you can get
from me cause sometimes
all there is
blood
and sweat
and memories of a tear.

1 comment:

trudatman said...

I've read a lot of your work, as far back as volumes of lined and unlined pages in that walled space in Dover. This may be your best yet. I really like it. A lot.